Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me

 Happy Birthday to me.  If I could I think a birthday in France would be delightful.  I have been there in the summer, but I am not sure I would want to be there with the crowds.  Even though I cannot be in Paris I must say my friends made sure that I am going to have a special birthday.

This year has been one of the saddest and most difficult years of my life.  In addition to losing my mum, my cat has been diagnosed with heart failure.  There have been many tears shed.  Saturday eve my friends had a surprise party for me.  There was a nice group of men and women and we had a lovely time.  Thank you to my darling husband for organizing it.

I received some lovely presents and I must confess almost each present had a French touch.  There were tea mugs with lovely bicycles on them.  Lots of tea.  French cook books and tea towels with macarons and French postal markings.  Of course there has to be champagne and cake with strawberries.  Let's not forget the cookware and a scarf of course.  It truly was a fun evening.

One of my male friends that I cycle with is a great cook.  He told everyone that we always discuss food and recipes on the ride and when he returns home he is so frustrated as he wants to make all the recipes that we discussed.  He gave me Alice Waters The Art of Simple Food.  He said it does not have photos but he knows I will appreciate it.  I cannot wait to read it.  Of course there was also the Barefoot Contessa in Paris and My Paris Kitchen.  I can hardly wait to start cooking from them.

I just loved how my friends all came together.  We enjoyed dinner and had a lovely time talking.  This year has taught me to truly appreciate my friends and lean on them.  Last night I saw another group of friends I had not seen in awhile.  Friends whether male of female are great.  It is important to spend time with them and enjoy the moment.




While I would love to be in France, the best present I could receive is friendship.  Thank you to all my friends for being there.

14 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Happy Birthday Esme !!! Sounds like you had the best of both worlds .....great friends & lots of happy reminders of France! Glad it was such a special day!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Happy birthday Esme .sounds like you had a fabulous time . Very thoughtful husband and friends too. Xx

La Table De Nana said...

Happy Birthday..all year long..may you be blessed with only good things this year..

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Happy Birthday Esme! You deserve the most wonderful day. Enjoy!

Brian said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!! I am so sorry to hear about your sweetie.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Happy Birthday Esme! What wonderful friends and family you have. May this next year be blessed and happy.

wordsandpeace.com said...

happy birthday Esme, and to a better year!!

Gail Gallagher said...

Best wishes for a wonderful year ahead!

Faith Hope Cherrytea said...

Wonderful Birthday!
Joyeux Anniversaire =)

mas rooy said...

Infon Nya Sangat Bermanfaat.

Salam Kenal hangat Jabat Tangan Dari Kami, Kalo Berkenan Kunjungi Balik Kapten..


Tips Agar Tubuh Langsing Usai Melahirkan

Tips Menghilangkan Jerawat

Tips Kesehatan Menambah Berat Badan

Tips Memerahkan Bibir

+++++++ Baca Juga Tentang +++++++

alat bantu sex

alat bantu sexualitas

alat bantu sex wanita

alat bantu sex pria

obat perangsang

obat perangsang wanita

Paulita said...

Esme, Happy birthday. I'm sorry it has been such a tough year for you. How fabulous to have friends who support you.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like you really needed that party and to be wrapped in the warmth and love of good friends. My birthday wish for you is that the next year will bring you peace and healing. It's time.

I'm so sorry about your cat. Been there and it's the hardest thing I think we can go through apart from having a parent, spouse or close friend die. You've had both.

I send love, healing thoughts and lots of good wishes to send you into the new year.

Vicki Boster said...

Wishing you a happy birthday dear Esme-- you truly are loved. I'm calling you today--
Vicki

Ingrid King said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm glad your day was so special.

Related Posts with Thumbnails