Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Eyes of India

 It has almost been nine years since I was in India.  I spent 3 weeks in Rahjastan traveling throughout the area.  My time there was incredible.  India by far is one of my favourite countries.  As a photographer the photo opportunities were both generous and inspiring.  This was one of the first times I spent time shooting street photography and people.  For me, the photo above speaks to maternal love.  You can see the mother's pride and protectiveness of her son.
 I do not know what this little girl was looking at, however every photo I have of her has her looking backward.  I love the contrast of the colours of her flowers against the blue backdrop.
 This child was stunning.  She was with her brother selling produce at the market.  Her eyes were alive with life.  I wonder were she is today.  Is she married with her own children?  I hope wherever she is she still has life in her eyes.


 I shot this man early in the morning at a festival in the dessert.  Early was around 6 am.  The dessert area was crisp and starting to come to life as people began to commence their day.
This man was at the same market.  I love the contrast of his skin against the bright red of his turban.

10 comments:

Photo Cache said...

yes you are right there are lots of photo ops in india. i was there, but only for a week, in 2012.

emma and buster

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

These are beautiful photographs. The colors are amazing & you have captured such a lovely human element. Truly beautiful!

Beth F said...

Absolutely stunning photos! Wow.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Stunning shots.

Here's my Wordless Wednesday!

La Table De Nana said...

Each and every photo evokes a sentiment..Well done..
You have an eye and a heart:)

Paulita said...

I love that you took so many pics of people's faces. The little girl looking back has big, beautiful eyes.

Jeanie said...

Every single one of these is a magnificent character study. They eyes say so very much -- they are simply inspired portraits. Bravo.

Rosemary Nardone said...

How fabulous! These are amazing!
Thank you for sharing !!

Vicki Boster said...

Esme- these photos are stunning- they look like they belong in a National Geographic magazine:)
Xoxo
Vicki

Louise said...

What a gorgeous series of photos. The colours are supersaturated, so vibrant and lovely. I hope that young girl still has the life in her eyes too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails