Thursday, February 6, 2014

French Windows

Last spring I spent some time on Belle Ile on Mer, an island off the coast of Brittany. Should you ever have the chance to visit it I highly recommend it. Monet had spent some time here and fell in love with the island's light. It is a gorgeous little island and I must say I quite enjoyed my time here. I am fascinated with the windows in Europe. I find them so interesting with their shutters and lace curtains. This is my contribution to Orange You Glad it is Friday hosted by Maria at Life's Sweets and Spices.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Enchanting, Esme. I love the colors. I have very fond memories of Brittany -- a wonderful day spent there. Even though we didn't go to this spot, it brings back warm thoughts on a cold day.

By the way, I like how our ID pix are similar -- curled up cats!

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love windows too! I have heard that Belle Ill is such a beautiful place, I would love to visit someday.

Erica Sta said...

Very nice picture ... Lovely windows are in Ireland too.
Greetings by Heidrun from Bavaria

Vicki Boster said...

Esme-- I am always amazed at the doors and windows-/ so much character. I can only imagine how quaint and lovely that it was there--
Love
Vicki

Related Posts with Thumbnails