Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentines Day French Style

 Back in 2005 I was in Paris just before Valentine's Day.  The French do not celebrate the day the same way we do.  They are much more low keyed about it than we are.  This shop was down the street from my hotel.  I loved the bright red hearts in the window.  They added a splash of colour to a rather grey sky.
Of course a box of macarons from Laduree is always to make one's heart flutter.   I hope that everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day.

This is my contribution to to Dreaming of France hosted by Paulita at An Accidental Blog.

7 comments:

Louise said...

I always love seeing more French shop windows. The Laduree one is so beautiful.

Alain said...

Les Français sont peut-être "more low keyed", mais j'avoue ne pas savoir ce que cela veut dire.

Old Kitty said...

Even when it's low key, Valentine's a la French style seems a million times more romantic - esp with macarons added! take care
x

Paulita said...

Well, Paris is the city of love, so even without Valentine's, it is romantic. You're right, the red hearts do brighten the window. How fun to travel to France for various holidays. Thanks for playing along today. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Jeanie said...

Belated Valentine wishes! I would be simply delighted to enjoy macarons from Laudaree!

Lady Lilith said...

The french sure know how to celebrate.

Alain said...

thank you for the explanation

Related Posts with Thumbnails